The Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestrais a non-profit community orchestra, established in 1976, that promotes its mission of Enriching and Educating the Community through Music by:
- Offering enriching performances of orchestra music for the region's residents and visitors.
- Providing orchestral music education for children and youth in the region, especially those who have limited access to such experiences.
- Providing a means for professional and amateur musicians in the region to play interesting and challenging music in a full orchestra setting.
- Providing opportunities for soloists and guest conductors, from the region and beyond, to perform before appreciative local audiences.
The orchestra's plans and policies are established by the Music Director and a Board of Directors composed of citizens from the surrounding communities.
Support of the Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra is provided, in part, by the DeKalb County Community Foundation, by corporate sponsorship, by WNIU/WNIJ station sponsorship, and by private donations.
Fall Concert: Voilà Viola
When: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 7:30 pm
Where: NIU Boutell Memorial Concert Hall
There will be a free pre-concert lecture at 6:30 p.m. in the Recital Hall.
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 6, by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Der Schwanendreher, by Paul Hindemith
Anthony Devroye, Viola
- The Enigma Variations, by Edward Elgar
This concert is supported in part by Phillip & Jo Ann Smelser and the Kishwaukee Symphony Associates.