Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra Scholarship Criteria and Procedures
In the spring of 2022, the Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra is inaugurating the awarding of a $500 scholarship to select local high school students who have played in instrumental music ensembles in high school and will be members of such ensembles after beginning college.
A student is eligible to apply for this scholarship if
- The student is a high school senior residing in DeKalb County, Illinois.
- The student performed in an instrumental music ensemble (an orchestra, a band, or other) while in high school.
- The student intends to perform in an instrumental music ensemble in college this fall.
To apply for this scholarship,
- The student must submit the application form by postal mail postmarked by April 1, or by e-mail dated no later than April 1.
- The student must accompany the application form with an essay describing past music ensemble experience and intended college music ensemble experience.
- The student must arrange for a letter of recommendation from each of two people, at least one of whom is a music teacher or ensemble director who can speak to the applicant’s musical abilities and ensemble commitments demonstrated during the student’s high school years. Those people should be directed to the recommendation form which is to be completed and sent, along with the recommendation letter, to the postal mail address shown on the form, postmarked by April 1, or to the e-mail address on the form, dated no later than April 1.
The recipients of this scholarship will be formally announced at the May 7, 2022, concert of the Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra.