The principal chair of an orchestral section may be named by contributors to the KSO general fund and may be accorded as follows:
- A principal chair may be named for the donor(s). One or more individuals, or a business or organization, may have a chair named after themselves. For example, “The John and Mary Smith Chair” or “The Middle West Business Corporation Chair.” (Some donors may wish to be listed as “Anonymous.”)
- A principal chair may be named in honor of someone other than the donor. One or more individuals may name a chair after someone else. For example, “The Mamie Eisenhower Chair” could be established by her admirers.
- A principal chair may be named in memory of someone. One or more individuals may name a chair after a deceased person. For example, “The Arthur Montzka Chair” was established by his admirers.
The name of a principal chair will appear in concert programs and in other musician listings under the name of the musician occupying that chair.
The orchestral sections that have principal chairs that may be named include: First Violin (the Concertmaster), Second Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Timpani, Percussion. Those chairs that have already been named for this season are indicated here.
A chair can be named, for the concert season, as follows:
- $1,500.00 per season for the concertmaster
(principal chair of the first violin section)
- $1,200.00 per season for the principal chair of another section
- The list of orchestra musicians here shows which chairs have already been named for this season.
A donation to name an orchestra section chair may be made for one or more years. Named chairs are on a first-come basis. You may fill in this form and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may print the form and send it with your donation to:
Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra
P.O. Box 310
DeKalb, IL 60115
For further information, or to discuss a donation, contact:
Courtney Hanna-McNamara, General Manager
815-756-3728 or email@example.com.