2023 Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra High School Senior Musician Scholarship Criteria and Procedures
The Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra will annually award a $500 scholarship to select local high school student(s) who have played in instrumental music ensembles in high school and will be members of such ensembles after beginning college.
A student is eligible to apply for this scholarship if:
• The student is a high school senior residing in DeKalb County, Illinois.
• The student performed in an instrumental music ensemble (orchestra, band, or other) while in high school.
• The student intends to perform in an instrumental music ensemble in college this fall.
To apply for this scholarship,
• The student must submit the application form by e-mail dated or postal mail postmarked by March 24, 2023.
• The student must accompany the application form with an essay describing past music ensemble experience and intended college music ensemble experience and provide a list of music and non-music activities during high school.
• The student must arrange for two letters of recommendation. At least one letter should be from a music teacher or ensemble director who can speak to the applicant’s musical abilities and ensemble commitments demonstrated during the student’s high school years. The recommendation form and letter should be completed and sent to the e-mail address or postal mail address shown on the form no later than March 24, 2023.
The recipient(s) of this scholarship will be formally announced at the May 6, 2023, spring concert of the Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra, and at their high school awards night.