KSO High School Senior Musician Scholarship Criteria and Procedures
The Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra will annually award $500 scholarships to select local high school students who have played in an instrumental music ensemble(s) during high school and will be a member of a music ensemble in college.
- The student is a high school senior residing in DeKalb County, Illinois.
- The student performed in an instrumental music ensemble (orchestra, band, or other) during high school.
- The student intends to perform in an instrumental music ensemble in college this fall.
- The student must submit the online application (see below) form no later than Sunday, March 17, 2024. This includes attaching an essay and list of music and extra-curricular activities in the online application.
- The student must arrange for TWO Letters of Recommendations from music teachers or ensemble directors who can speak to the applicant's musical abilities and commitments demonstrated in high school. These letters must be submitted online (see below) no later than Sunday, March 17, 2024. It is the student's responsibility to ensure letters of recommendation have been submitted by the deadline.
Scholarship applications and letters of recommendation will only be accepted online using the online form below. If this is not possible, please contact Scholarship Chair Deb Loitz at email@example.com.
The recipient(s) of this scholarship will be formally announced at the KSO’s spring concert and at their high school awards night.
For more information about scholarships, please contact KSO Music Education Outreach and Scholarship Chair Deb Loitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This scholarship program is partially supported by a grant from the Farney R. Wurlitzer Foundation.